Study of Angiogenic Efficiency and Hair Stimulation Effect of Chitosan/Amino Acid/Essential Oil Nanoemulgel in Alopecia Treatment using a Mice Animal Model
The formulation of a sustained and controlled drug release system can be used as a topical gel for treatment of alopecia
Many people do suffer from scalp conditions and weakness of hair roots which eventually lead to hair loss. Hair loss is not easy to treat, some cases do not respond to specific treatment plans, other cases even require surgical intervention which costs too much and may not achieve the desired results. An efficient treatment with highly active and skin-friendly formula is needed in order to treat hair loss and help in achieving great results in a short time rate.
The innovation involves the formulation of sustained and controlled drug release system consisting of nanoemulgels incorporating nanoemulsions. The nanoemulsions are composed of chitosan amino acid complex forming the shell that encapsulates lavender oil.
- Highly active towards alopecia treatment.
- The formula includes a nanoemulsion complex, thus it can be applied only every 1 – 3 days or every two days according to the situation of the patient.
- Being in the form of nanoemulgel, the formula has high consistency preventing its over spreading and loss when applied by the patient.
- The formula has a soothing effect on the skin surface preventing any possible inflammation.
The formula can be used as a topical gel for treatment of alopecia through increasing hair density, follicles, dermal thickness as well as hair thickness.
- Provisional Application filed on 01/12/2022, Application No. 63/429298
- Provisional patent
- Development partner
- Commercial partner
- University spin out
- Seeking investment